Steven J. Wong
Filmmaker Steven J. Wong grew up in Oakville, Ontario, Canada and in his youth was a third degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do prior to training and instructing traditional Hung Gar Style Kung Fu, which he has been practicing since 1986.
Steven’s production background was primarily focused in the corporate and commercial world with clients such as Tim Horton’s and has revisited this industry recently with a couple of television commercials for Gatorade. Steven’s first documentary captured the weeks leading up to the secret retirement of the 3-time world figure skating champion and 2-time Canadian Olympic Silver medalist, Elvis Stojko.
In 2007, UFC fighter David “The Crow” Loiseau approached Steven to direct, produce and shoot a documentary, The Striking Truth, chronicling him and fellow UFC fighter Georges St-Pierre. Steven followed both athletes across North America and overseas to capture their ups and downs in their careers and in their lives outside of fighting. He was in their homes, backstage at their fights and covered their most intimate moments spanning almost four and a half years. Everything from self-doubt to their training secrets was captured and brought to the forefront resulting in a highly emotional and critically acclaimed human story.
- Embrace the pain, avoid the injury.
- PEI Island Life can work Wonders for Quality of Life!
- Improving quality of life and loving it!
- Sexy, Younger, YOU!
- OLYMPIA week is upon us!
- It’s a scorcher in Toronto but it’s no coincidence!
- It’s that exciting time of year again!
- Talking “Anti-Age Me” (and GSP, the Crow, Jay Cutler, Leafs & Habs) on Crow Time radio
- There Is Nothing More Precious Than A Child’s Smile
- Inside Fitness Model Search