People are constantly saying to me that they don’t know how I do it all. But this fall, I am not sure how I am keeping my head above water either.
I do a lot, I always have and usually I thrive on a busy schedule. In fact I perform better when I have deadlines and almost too much to do. Give me a lull in the pace, and I am out of sorts, and not really motivated to get stuff done.
I think what I have found this fall is that yes, it is the same as last year with lots of events planned, but this time I have extra responsibilities at home – my four-on-the-floor friend, Brodie. Plus I went away on a business trip and came back, exhausted, my head brimming with ideas, but little time to implement them.
So what’s the answer before I drown in this world of work that I have created for myself.
- Lower my expectations of what I can achieve in a day.
- Look at what I can easily delegate or even let go doing altogether.
- Start enjoying the puppy, instead of fretting about how he is taking me away from work (maybe that’s a good thing)
- Have someone look after him once or twice a week, just so I can get some solid hours of work and writing done.
- Continue with my personal trainer – I always feel so good afterwards.
In other words, I need to lighten up or I will be falling in the deep end, never to come ashore again. And I suspect I am not alone. Ladies, it is time we took ourselves in hand and took control of our lives again. Are you with me?
by Anne Day