A crêpe is just a pancake … except it’s as thin as a bat’s ear.
This is my favourite fast-breaking (post-workout meal) of the moment because it’s good…awesome…yummy…excellent in general.
I had originally intended to call this recipe, “dessert pizza”. But then I rolled it up like a sleeping bag and holy crêpe!
Version 1: Protein Dessert Pizza
Version 2: Protein Dessert Crepes
Bodybuilding.com Is Where It’s At!
This recipe is made using the following 3 ingredients found at bodybuilding.com. And if you purchase them before Aug. 12, 2013, you can get 10% off, provided you VOTE for your favourite bodybuilding.com supplements (ps. VOTE GASPARI!!!!).
- Gaspari Nutrition’s Isofusion Whey Protein Isolate in “Vanilla Ice Cream”
- It’s a Gaspari Party in my mouth! So friggin’ awesome, insanely sweet, better than Capt’N Crunch!
- P28 High Protein White Chocolate Spread
- P28 HIGH PROTEIN WHITE CHOCOLATE SPREAD … it tastes good in the mouth.
- Walden Farms Calorie Free and Sugar Free Pancake Syrup
- Throw away your calorious syrup…or else I’m calling the calorie cops.
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop Gaspari Isofusion Whey Protein Isolate (Vanilla Ice Cream)
- Optional: dash of cinnamon
3. Once the pan is heated, pour batter in the center of the skillet and quickly spread the batter evenly over the bottom of the skillet using a circular tilting motion.
- Place the lid on the skillet to cook the crepe on both sides. (NOTE: It cooks fast).
- Flip the crepe when bubbles in the batter have popped (ie. when the top is set). At this time, the bottom of the crepe should be browned. Carefully Flip the crepe (use a large spatula or a pancake turner), and cook it until the bottom side starts to brown (~ 1 minute).
4. Plate the crepe
- Spread 1 TBSP P28 High Protein White Chocolate Spread over the WARM crepe
- Place 1/2 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries over the Protein Spread
- Roll your crepe like a sleeping bag (or leave it like a pizza).
- Optional: Slather 2 TBSP Walden Farms Calorie Free/Sugar Free Pancake Syrup over the crepe (or pizza). This is yummy! Do it!
You Don’t have to Use Berries inside the Crepes. You can substitute with Different Fruit Options (ie. Bananas). Or omit the Fruit.
calories: 325, fat: 7.8g, saturated fat: 0.5g, cholesterol: 5mg, sodium: 441.1mg, carbohydrates: 16.4g, fiber: 3.8g, NET CARBS: 12.6g, sugars: 8.7g, protein: 46.8g
It’s 25 grams of premium whey protein isolate.
- An amazing combination of high quality Peanuts, White Chocolate, Vanilla, and Whey Protein.
- Tasty and nutritious.
- Made with such high quality ingredients so you’ll never have to feel guilty eating it!
- 14 grams of Protein per two tablespoons
- 100% Natural
- Made with 100% Whey Isolate – The highest quality source of protein
- No Sugar Added, 0 Sodium, 0 Trans Fat, Cholesterol Free
- A rich source of 8 essential Amino Acids that your body needs for growth, energy and vibrant health
- A Good Source of Fiber
- Contains Omega 3′s
- Excellent for people who are trying to Build Muscle and/or Lose Body Fat
- Calorie Free
- Sugar Free (sweetened with Splenda)
- Carbohydrate Free
- Cholesterol Free
- Fat Free
- Gluten Free
- Cholesterol free
- High in Protein
- Low Calorie
- Did you know that blueberries have 40% more antioxidant capacity than strawberries?
- They are packed with immune-boosting vitamin C, as well as and phytonutrients called anthocyanins, which lower your risk of heart disease and cancer.
- Blueberries also possess anti-inflammatory properties, and as we know, inflammation is a key contributor to chronic diseases.
- Strawberries are chock full of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants known as polyphenols. Strawberries are also a sodium-free, fat-free, cholesterol-free, low-calorie food: in fact 1 cup of strawberries is only 46 calories. They are also a good source of manganese and potassium. You get more vitamin C from eating eight strawberries than from an orange!
My recipes for:
- Banana Perfection Pancakes
- Carrot Cake Pops
- Neopolitan Fudge
- Chocolate Snowballs
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bake
- 5 Easy Protein Blizzards
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Chocolate Stuffed Strawberries
Get my FREE healthy recipes sent to your inbox here
Get my FREE 20-minute high intensity resistance training live video HOME & HOTEL ROOM workouts here
Learn about my dietary approach (Intermittent Fasting) here.
– See more at: http://www.drsarasolomon.com/protein-dessert-crepes/#sthash.RHp8O9qa.dpuf