A while back, I was speaking with a dear friend. I could tell she was unmotivated and struggling to achieve her fitness goals.
I wanted to help and in so doing, turned my mind to the things that have, in the past, helped me overcome this.
We all go through instances where we lack motivation. It is normal (well, at least it’s what I tell myself).
What is important is to have tools in place to deal with it.
Here are a few things that I do when I find that I am lacking motivation.
It might seem like a simple exercise but it has worked for me and I hope it will help you too.
1. I ask myself why. I don’t always like the answer, but for me, it has been a useful exercise.
2. To that effect, I find an activity that helps me channel my thoughts. For me it is writing and exercising. For you it might be painting, dancing or sculpting …
3. I sometimes ask myself ‘what advice would I give someone else?’ and try to follow that advice.
4. I tell someone close that motivation is low and might ask that they give me a ‘kick in the butt’.
5. I surround myself with positive people and feed off there energy.
6. I do a good deed (cheesy I know, but it helps and always makes me happy!)
7. I review my list of goals. It often helps to get the spark back.
Hope these small tips will help you like they have helped me.