We are all on the quest for a flat stomach, toned Abs and a summer ready Beach Body, a way to achieve this is by specifically and effectively working the Abs with Abdominal Crunches.
How would you like to do 25 crunches effectively, rather than thrashing around out of breath trying to complete a marathon round of 100!
Your Ab muscles run across the middle, and sides of the stomach and under the out oblique’s. Crunches are safer than sit ups since they do not compromise the spine and they isolate all the abdominal area. When done properly, you will find Crunches are highly effective it giving you the slim flat waist line for the summer!
Perfect Abdominal Crunch
Breathing is a key in the proper technique of effective Ab crunches. You can do 100 crunches and still have that belly pouch. The exhale is the key to power your Ab routine.
- Lie on the floor, feet are hip distance, knees bent. Make sure your lower back is pressed into the floor.
- Interlace your hands behind your head and take a long Inhale
- Exhale, begin to tighten your Ab muscles and now begin to curl up – only half way.
- Avoid using the hips, arms, and the neck.
- Keep the engagement of the Ab muscles at the top of your crunch.
- Inhaling slowly lower the head, neck and spine back down.
- Keep the abs tight( almost like someone has an imaginary hand pressing your belly in)
- Go SLOW
Combined with a low fat, low carb healthy diet the inches will soon melt off. Remember, we all want instant gratification from seeing our lean abs, but the long term results into older age are much more valuable. Here is to healthy living!