Want to add some kick to your meals? Add some hot sauce to them! Not only does hot sauce help in adding great taste, studies are finding many health benefits from eating it. Hot sauces are made from chili peppers which contain an amount of capsaicin, which is where the heat is contained. The capsaicin chemical compound is packed with several benefits such as:
– Improve Digestion: The spiciness in hot sauce stimulates stomach secretions. This stimulation can also help in healing ulcers as the blood flow to the stomach increases the mucous lining.
– Battle Depression: This is an interesting one. Endorphins are released every time you eat something hot.
– Help cure a cold: Under the weather? Need to clear your sinuses? Try some hot sauce, it can help treat it!
– May reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol
– May slow the growth of prostate cancer
– Helps kill some bacteria
– Helps in losing weight: Hot sauce your boost your metabolic rate and may help in suppressing your appetite.
So, grab a bottle of your favorite hot sauce and get spicy! As always, with all foods, remember – everything in moderation!