True Beauty is a transformative state of mind. It’s about personal growth leading to self-acceptance and self-love. There is no comparison in beauty. There are no approvals required from exterior sources. True Beauty is about being you, be-U-ty, and allowing that magnificent authenticity to shine through.
There are 2 types of beauty: temporary and ever-lasting.
Temporary beauty is initially pleasing to the eye. This beauty we see in the pages of magazines and it’s that which much of society holds upon a pedestal. This beauty is designed to achieve the approval and acceptance of others. This is pseudo and it will not last. This type of beauty is formed on the premise of fear. Fear of not being enough. It’s important to love your body and appearance just as it is. I understand this can be difficult with so much societal pressure threatening to disrupt self-esteem. Thoughts like “My body is ugly” or “I’m not perfect the way I am” or “I’ll never be beautiful” or “It sucks to be a woman” can permeate our minds unless we program ourselves with healthy thoughts that affirm both our inner and outer beauty.
Ever-lasing beauty on the other hand can not only be seen but more importantly it can be felt. It is created within the soul. The prettiest women are the happiest women. They are aloof to the opinions of others. They are confident in who they are, not just what they look like. These women wake up each and every morning with excitement because they know what their life passions and purposes are and they are pro-active in achieving their dreams and in serving others. They have the courage to be themselves and to not conform to the expectations of others.
In Dr. Bruce Lipton’s outstanding book, Biology of Belief, it is time and time again demonstrated the powerful control the mind has over the body. Whatever you believe to be true you will experience. You are the equivalent of your thoughts. Embrace this fact. You can empower all aspects of your life through your thoughts and your words. With a youthful, loving, positive attitude, the body will in fact respond to match. Instead of purchasing botox, fillers and designer weight loss pills, our energy should be focused upon what truly makes us happy.
A healthy lifestyle and a positive mindset will allow you to stay young, radiant, healthy and beautiful and will allow your inner goddess to emerge and radiate externally!
Here are 10 steps for developing ever-lasting beauty:
1. Adopt an attitude of gratitude: Gratitude is pivotal in leading a happy life. There is SO much to be grateful for…your senses, your family, friends, the opportunity to exercise and the ability to physically move your body, and having the energy needed to accomplish it and gratitude for the abundance of nutritious food options and clean water we have in our society today, just to name a few. Take a few minutes each day and practice mindfulness for all the blessings in your life.
2. Sweat: Exercise raises your energetic vibrational frequency bringing you closer into alignment with Source and also increases happiness. Maintaining a consistent fitness practice makes you strong and healthy. When you are fit, strong and in good health, you are better able to be of service to others. Your body is your temple in which your spirit resides in and takes action through, therefore it’s very important to take excellent care of your body. Thoughts are very powerful forms of energy. Loving your body and having self-love when you look in the mirror sets the tone for a positive mindset throughout the day. Fitness enables you to upgrade your body image for vibrant health and vitality.
3. Have F-U-N: If you want to stay young then have fun. Fun is a necessity not a luxury. When you have fun and laugh, you relax. A relaxed mind is privy to increased creative inspirations, ideas and opportunities.
4. Affirm: “I love and I accept you”: Affirmations are a sequence of words, recited in present tense throughout the day (best done recited into the mirror). They are messages to your sub-conscious mind that rewire your belief systems and allow you to live the life you truly desire.
5. Create: “Where I create, there I am true”- Rainer Maria Rilke.
Whether it be writing a poem, painting, planting a garden or redecorating the living room, allow your creative juices to flow. This brings you in alignment with Source and with your higher self, allowing you to harness your authenticity.
6. Choose High Vibrational Foods: You are tomorrow what you eat today so choose high vibe’n foods such as fresh fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds that are going to nourish your body at a cellular level.
7. Hydrate: Drink plenty of water between meals and not during meals. Drinking fluids with meals dilutes digestive juices and impairs digestion. Using chlorophyll in your water will alkalinize the body fighting off dis-ease and assists with absorption.
8. Pamper yourself: An amazing way to practice self-love is to treat yourself to some pampering. Below are 2 natural make-it-at-home beauty recipes.; A revitalizing bath sprinkle and a nourishing face mask.
It’s important to choose natural and organic products because our skin is our largest organ and EVERYTHING gets absorbed into it. A good rule of thumb is : If you wouldn’t put it in your mouth then don’t put it on your body. It’s very important to pay attention to what we are putting into our bodies and onto our bodies. We need to ensure that we are not poisoning ourselves with all of these chemicals that are found in foods and in products. Organic bath and beauty products contain more vitamins, nutrients and cancer-fighting antioxidants than non-organic ingredients. Essential oils and herbs have been used for thousands of years in healing and for purposes such as enlightenment, love, purification, protection, stimulation, enhancing moods; the list goes on and on.
10 rose petals
5 sprigs of lavender
Crush the rose petals and lavender a little bit and then place in the middle of the cheesecloth, tie the ends together to make a ball. Drop into a warm running bath.
Nourishing facial mask:
Blend dry ingredients dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine and blend thoroughly
Application: Apply to face, leave 10-15 minutes, and rinse with cool water.
60 ml organic, unscented, all natural cream
¼ tsp. sea buckthorn oil
¼ tsp. rosehip seed oil
¼ tsp. carrot tissue oil
¼ tsp. vitamin e
3 drops neroli E.O
3 drops orange bitter E.O
3 drops Cypress E.O
1 tbsp. green clay
½ tbsp. white clay
½ tbsp. Dead Sea mud
Add more cream if needed.
9. Meditation: The power of your mind is the starting block of everything that you do. Meditation brings out our innate instinct for mental clarity and stillness, it’s extremely healthy and should be practiced daily. It allows us to relax, de-stress and to slooooooooooow down. We are in such a hurry in society today, and the hamster wheels of the mind are ongoing. Meditation helps us escape our thoughts. It assists us in understanding who really we are, to be aware of how we feel and it teaches us how to react intelligently to life’s experiences
10. Give: Acts of kindness actually improves one’s health. Of course, we should never do an act of kindness to gain from it. We should always be kind because it’s the right thing to do. But when we are kind, we become happier. We get that good feeling due to elevated levels of dopamine in brain, giving us a natural high and reducing stress. Spiritually, many people feel they have a sense of awareness and connectedness with the Divine and their true authentic nature. Kindness slows aging as well by reducing inflammation and free radical damage in the cardiovascular system. Free radicals are a major source of aging.
True beauty is ageless, timeless and without judgment. When you can stand in the middle of a crowd and feel at ease with yourself, this is true beauty. This beauty is true because it cannot be touched by anyone else. No one or 50 years can take your beauty away from you.
YOU hold the key to the treasure of ever-lasting beauty.